Understanding the new requirements of ISO 14001:2015 Training Course
Obtain a detailed understanding of the key terms, definitions and requirements of ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System (EMS) and how the standard can help your organization to better meet its environmental obligations and commitments.
Environmental management is no longer a moral choice but a business necessity. Organizations that recognize the benefits of a sustainable model are best positioned to thrive in changing environmental conditions. An ISO 14001:2015 EMS helps you drive sustainable growth, stimulate innovation and gain access to new markets.
Identify the structure and requirements of an effective environmental management system and what this means to you. Gain a thorough understanding of the history and development of ISO 14001:2015, key terms, definitions and the ISO standardized high level structure. You’ll learn to interpret and apply the key concepts and principles of the standard to existing processes within your organization.
Who should attend?
Anyone with ISO 14001 responsibility, including:
- Environmental managers and consultants
- Organizations that are currently certified to ISO 14001:2004
- Organizations currently developing systems for certification to ISO 14001
- Management system practitioners who will be converting to ISO 14001:2015
- Internal and external management system auditors who will be auditing to ISO 14001:2015
- Anyone interested in finding out how ISO 14001:2015 differs from its 2004 version
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Identify key changes between ISO 14001:2004 and ISO 14001:2015
- Learn what needs to be revised in your current EMS
- Appreciate the significance of organizational context and adopting a risk-based approach
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Explain new requirements in Annex SL (Appendix 2) relating to organizational context, planning and support
- Build stakeholder confidence by updating teams and processes in line with the latest requirements
- Find out about transition arrangements for BSI certification.
How will I benefit?
- Learn how to transition from ISO 14001:2004 to ISO 14001:2015
- Identify areas that need to change in your current EMS
- Inform others about the requirements of ISO 14001:2015
There are no formal prerequisites, however it will be useful for delegates to read the standard before attending the course.
All course information is based on ISO/FDIS 14001:2015. By attending this course, you’ll receive a complimentary update when the final standard publishes to ensure you’re fully informed of any changes from the current draft. Detailed course notes are provided.
- Training course notes
- Lunch & refreshments