ISO 39001 Road Traffic Safety (RTS) Management System Lead Auditor Training Course
A road traffic safety management system (RTSMS), based on ISO 39001, can provide your organization with an international best-practice framework for managing road safety risks, evaluating their impact, and developing the capability to achieve results.
This course will develop the knowledge and skills required to undertake an audit of an RTSMS as a lead auditor; emphasizing independent auditing principles and practices.
Over 5 days, using practical exercises, group activities and classroom discussions, an experienced instructor will guide you through the entire audit process, including the principles and practice of auditing and their application in the auditing of an ISO 39001 RTSMS.
Who should attend?
Those tasked with the responsibility for managing RTSMS audits including:
- Transport planners
- Fleet managers
- Occupational health and safety experts
- Human resources managers
- Road safety managers
- Enforcement authorities
- Internal and external management systems auditors and lead auditors who are new to RTSM and leading RTSMS audits
- Those interested in finding out more about RTSMS auditing.
What will I learn?
- How to describe the purpose of an RTSMS, of management systems audit and of third party certification
- How to establish effectiveness of the RTSMS in your organization
- How to manage the risks associated with an effective RTSMS
- How to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an RTSMS to establish conformance or otherwise with ISO 39001 in accordance with ISO 19011
- How to manage an audit team
- How to prepare for 2nd and 3rd party audits
- How to conduct 2nd and 3rd party audits
- To develop skills in auditing ISO 39001 and lead auditor expertise.
Completing this course will contribute 40 CPD points to your learning record.
How will my organization benefit?
- Your organization will be able to consistently evaluate its RTSMS performance
- It can help to drive continual improvement in the area of risk which can be devastating to those affected by road traffic incidents
- Your organization can build expertise in supplier/subcontractor (2nd party) and independent audits (3rd party) and how they would operate.
We recommend you read:
You may also be interested in our: Occupational Health and Safety suite of courses to manage work related
Business continuity suite of courses to manage how you respond to incidents occurring from adverse weather conditions
For public courses you will be provided with:
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)
- A course folder containing course materials, pen and notepad
- Refreshments and lunch
- A certificate of attendance on completion of the course
The cost of taking the residential option is an additional £500.