This one-day theory-based course is designed for managers and decision-makers who may be involved in the management of a cyber or other form of security incident involving data and/or IT equipment.
This course is designed to introduce the six basic stages and concepts required when dealing with an incident from the planning and response right through to lessons learned.
During the course, there will be interactive discussions to focus the participant's attention on relevant incidents that organizations may face and the steps to control and remediate the event in the current evolving threat landscape.
The course provides participants with a comprehensive overview of incident response as well as the relevant response and development of playbooks.
This course can be used as a platform to bridge gaps for those looking to progress to other security courses or to gain an understanding of incident response.
How will I benefit?
- Know the different types of security incidents
- Understand why an incident response plan is necessary
- Be aware of the importance of employee awareness
- Learn how organizations become exposed to certain types of incidents and mitigation steps
- Understand the concepts of breach notification and other legal aspects which may affect companies
- Be aware of the importance of response planning to include top exercises and Playbook development.
Candidates should have a general awareness of information security and the need to respond to such events.
- Incident managers
- IT managers
- Security officers
- Data Protection Officers (DPO)
- Module 1 - Understanding threats and threat actors
- Module 2 - Baselining an Organisation
- Module 3 - Triage, Detection and Monitoring
- Module 4 - Incident Identification and Orchestration
- Module 5 - Incident Management Lifecycle Phases
- Module 6 - Incident Response Plan Development
- Module 7 - Picking the right team
- Module 8 - Training, Awareness and Preparation
- Module 9 - Group Activities
- Comprehensive course materials
- Certificate of attendance