Preventative food safety risk management is a fundamental requirement in all food safety compliance standards.
The CODEX Recommended International Code of Practice, General Principles of Hygiene and the HACCP approach described in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) System and Guidelines for its Application (Annex) are globally accepted as best practice methodology for food safety risk assessment.
This course details the CODEX HACCP methodology for the 5 preliminary steps and 7 principles required in the development of HACCP plans. Specific insight will be gained in:
- Application of HACCP methodology to meet the expectations of GFSI Food Safety Standards
- Verification activities required to maintain an effective HACCP based food safety management system
Through references to current food product and process examples, you’ll develop practical skills and confidence to participate or lead a HACCP team in your workplace.
Who should attend?
The course is for anyone involved in food production/preparation and food safety systems development and management.
It’s especially relevant if you’re directly involved in the development and maintenance of HACCP plans and food safety management systems.
What will I learn?
You’ll be able to:
- Define concepts of CODEX General Principles of Hygiene and the application of HACCP
- Identify GFSI requirements for a HACCP based system
- Identify different tools and methods of verification to apply HACCP to your workplace food safety management system
- Explain the intent of different perspectives or approaches within a food safety management system
You’ll have the skills to:
- Apply the concept of HACCP
- Source information to inform a HACCP study of your products and processes
- Interpret and evaluate relevant information and ideas relating to HACCP and food safety management systems
- Execute a preventative food safety hazard assessment
How will I benefit?
This course will provide food industry professionals with the essential knowledge and skills to actively participate in the development and verification of HACCP plans. This course will help you:
- Advance your understanding of the importance of preventative food safety management systems
- Engage in a proactive process to identify significant food safety hazards and determine critical control points to ensure the safety of your product and process
- Apply the HACCP food safety risk assessment methodology to your products and processes to facilitate safe food production and meet compliance requirements of food safety standards
- Develop a scientifically sound, preventative food safety management system
- Apply risk-based thinking to improve the resilience of your food safety management system
As part of the HACCP Requirements course, we also offer a globally recognized unit of competence 'FBPAUD4004 – Identify, evaluate and control food safety hazards.’
Learn to develop a HACCP Plan to implement a HACCP system correctly