What is the scope of a BRCGS Packaging Audit and what are the requirements to achieve BRCGS Certification?
The BRCGS Global Standard for Packaging covers core manufacturing technologies including:
- Glass manufacture and forming
- Papermaking and conversion
- Metal forming
- Rigid plastics forming
- Flexible plastics manufacture
- Other manufacturing
- Print processes
- Chemical processes
For information on achieving the requirements of BRCGS Packaging certification, contact one of our BRCGS experts.
Who should be audited and certiy to BRCGS Packging Materials?
The BRCGS Packaging Materials standard was created to support the needs of manufacturers of packaging and packaging materials for both food and non-food applications. This includes organizations that:
- Manufacture raw materials for use in packaging
- Produce packaging materials for conversion or printing
- Supply materials from stock where additional processing or restocking occurs
- Manufacture both packaging and consumer disposable goods (e.g. paper plates)
Is the BRCGS Packaging Materials Standard required for packaging companies by retailers and food and beverage manufacturers for tender bids?
The BRCGS Global Standard for Packaging Materials was the first packaging Standard to be globally recognised by GFSI (global food safety initiative) and as such, is a popular packaging standard for those operating within and supplying packaging to the food and drink industry. BRCGS Packaging Materials certification can often be used as a competitive advantage for packaging suppliers when tendering for sales contracts in the food, beverage and FMCG industries.