BSI Kitemark for emergency lighting
We have all the facilities to evaluate emergency luminaires and lighting and their critical components. We assess and award the BSI Kitemark to luminaires, emergency lighting, central power supply systems and general luminaire control gear. The most commonly used standards in this field are:
- BS EN 60598 series (Luminaires – Safety)
- BS EN 60598-2-22 (Emergency Luminaires)
- BS EN 50171 (Central Power Supply Systems for Emergency Luminaires)
- BS EN 62034 (Automatic Test Systems for Emergency Luminaires)
- BS EN 61347 series (Lighting Control Gear)
- BS EN 62031 (LED Modules for Lighting)
- BS EN 62471 (Photobiological Safety of Lamps)
With this third-party endorsement, you’ll be able to enhance your reputation, stand out from competitors, attract new customers and gain access to new markets.
If you are an installer, the BSI Kitemark for installation, maintenance and design of emergency lighting systems will help your business stand out and show you are serious about quality and safety. The certification scheme is built in a modular format which covers design, installation, inspection, testing and maintenance. Once you have successfully gained certification, you will also be registered with BAFE on the SP-203-4 scheme.