Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001
Information security is critically important to both you and your customers. In the current business climate, information is placed at a premium and is always at risk. Critical information is very valuable, and can cost a business millions of dollars in costs and productivity if it is not kept secure.
Our comprehensive one-day training course will explain to you all that you need to know about the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard and how it applies to your organization. You will better informed on the background, updated concepts, principles, terms and definitions used by an ISO/IEC 27001 information security system professional when you attend to this course.
Our trainers are experts in the field and will provide you insights into the core features of the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management standard. By the end of our course, you should have an understanding of information security and the importance of proper information management.
Who should attend?
Anyone with interest on information security, data protection, corporate governance, risk and compliance, management systems, security, IT services, human resources, financial and accounting records and any business area that interacts with high risk private data.
Suggested job roles and their teams include:
- Information security managers
- IT and corporate security managers
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Human Resource managers
- Financial and Accounts managers
- Internal legal teams
- Private data and records administration teams
- Auditors who will be involved in introducing ISO/IEC 27001 into an organization
*This course is GST exclusive.
- What is information security management (ISM)
- Why ISM is important to an organization
- What are the benefits of ISM
- What is the background of ISM
- What are the key concepts and principles in ISO/IEC 27001:2013, including the various clauses, definitions and regulations
- The terms and definitions used
- The main requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Effective information security management throughout your organization
- Foolproof protection of your interests and those of your customers
- Improve the integrity of the information within your organization
- Learn the benefits of implementing an information security management system
- Know how you could customize an ISO/IEC 27001:2013 ISMS that would work practically within your organization