ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer
In this five day course, our experienced tutors teach you how to set up an ISMS that conforms to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 in an organization.
You will cover the requirements of the standard and consider the state of your organization’s current information security management practices in preparation to put in an ISMS.
We will help you develop your skills and understanding of the practicalities involved when setting up a typical management system framework that conforms with the ISO 27001:2013 standard. This includes learning how to set up policies, processes and procedures for your ISMS.
Additionally, you will also focus on developing your project management ability to lead a team with the implementation of an ISMS in your business. This can be crucial if your ISMS will need to scale throughout your organization.
Work with our first-class information security trainers to gain an internationally recognised qualification that enables you to lead the implementation process for your organisation. Become an ISO 27001 Lead implementer and set the highest standard of data protection.
Day 5 of this course features an exam and delegates who successfully pass will receive a BSI Certificate of Achievement as an ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer.
After attending the course and passing the examination, you will be able to play a pivotal role in ensuring your organization can set up an ISMS that is compliant to ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
Who should attend?
- Information security managers
- IT and corporate security managers
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Project managers
- Information security consultants
- ISO/IEC 27001 Auditors
What will I learn?
- What is information security management (ISM)
- Why ISM is important to an organization
- What are the benefits of ISM
- What is the background of ISM
- What are the key concepts and principles in ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- What terms and definitions are used in the standard
- What are the main requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- How to identify a typical framework to implement and ISMS compliant with ISO/IEC 27001:2013 following the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- How to conduct a base line review of the organization’s current position with regard to ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- How to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 from an implementation perspective in the context of their organization
- How to implement key elements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- What are the concepts of leadership and managing organizational change
- Understanding project management, skill sharing, support and motivation during the implementation of an ISMS
How will I benefit?
- Acquire expertise to support your organization in implementing, managing and maintaining an ISMS as specified in ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Develop vital processes, policies and procedures that can be put into practice effectively
- Create the framework for your own Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- Understand the relationship between an Information Security Management System, including risk management and controls, and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- Successful implementation will improve the protection of your organization’s private data to meet your market assurance and corporate governance needs