Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to learn:
- To identify and understand commonly accepted information security controls
- How risks can be reduced to an acceptable level using controls
- How to determine which controls are the most appropriate to implement
- Practical implementation of ISO/IEC 27002:2013 controls
- The benefits and pitfalls associated with the use of different controls
The course is applicable to representatives from any size or type of organization who is, or will be, involved in planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising or assessing information security, as part of an ISO/IEC 27001:2013 ISMS or a standalone system.
We recommend that you have a basic understanding of information security principles and terminology. We also recommend that you have an understanding of the information risks faced by their organization.
A basic understanding of ISO/IEC 27001:2013, information technology and information risk management may be an advantage.
Some delegates on this course will have already attended our Information Security Management System (ISMS) Requirements of ISO 27001:2013, or Information Security Management System (ISMS) Implementing ISO/IEC 27001:2013 course.