ISO/IEC 27002 Information security controls implementation training course
With the growing number of internal and external information security threats, organizations are increasingly recognizing the importance of implementing best practice controls to safeguard their information assets. By implementing and maintaining suitable controls, organizations become less susceptible to information security breaches and the financial and reputational damage they cause.
ISO/IEC 27002:2013 provides guidelines to help organizations select, implement and manage information security controls, taking into account their risk environment. It contains 14 security control clauses, which cover 35 security categories and 114 controls. These controls are intended to be applicable to all organizations and represent a minimum ‘starting point’, i.e. additional controls and guidelines can be added as required. The standard supports the concepts and framework specified in ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to learn:
- To identify and understand commonly accepted information security controls
- How risks can be reduced to an acceptable level using controls
- How to determine which controls are the most appropriate to implement
- Practical implementation of ISO/IEC 27002:2013 controls
- The benefits and pitfalls associated with the use of different controls
The course is applicable to representatives from any size or type of organization who is, or will be, involved in planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising or assessing information security, as part of an ISO/IEC 27001:2013 ISMS or a standalone system.
We recommend that you have a basic understanding of information security principles and terminology. We also recommend that you have an understanding of the information risks faced by their organization.
A basic understanding of ISO/IEC 27001:2013, information technology and information risk management may be an advantage.
Some delegates on this course will have already attended our Information Security Management System (ISMS) Requirements of ISO 27001:2013, or Information Security Management System (ISMS) Implementing ISO/IEC 27001:2013 course.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Explain the background and purpose of ISO/IEC 27002:2013
- Explain the scope and structure of ISO/IEC 27002:2013
- Explain the different best practice controls recommended by ISO/IEC 27002:2013
- Explain the benefits of implementing controls from ISO/IEC 27002:2013
- Evaluate how to use the controls in conjunction with an ISO/IEC 27001 based ISMS
- Demonstrate how to choose the appropriate controls relevant to you
- Demonstrate how to implement chosen controls from ISO/IEC 27002
This two day training course includes lunch and drinks. The training and the materials will be provided in English. For further information regarding reduced rates at the hotel where the training is being conducted please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 (0)20 346 07 80.