Implementing: ISO 50001
Energy management is one of the most effective measures that an organization can take to reduce operational costs, improve its competitiveness, and demonstrate to all that it is operating in a sustainable way.
A key way to achieve this is through implementation of an energy management system based on standard best practice, such as the Energy Management System (EnMS) standard, ISO 50001. This two-day course includes a sound introduction to the requirements of ISO 50001 and provides detailed guidance on implementation of an energy management system.
Who should attend?
- Those responsible for energy management in their organization
- Anyone tasked with implementing an energy management system
- Environmental Managers
- Quality Managers
- Directors and senior management looking to reduce costs
- Concepts of energy management
- Global and national context for energy management, including benefits of an Energy Management System
- Fundamentals of an Energy Management System
- Requirements of ISO 50001
- Planning an Energy Management System, including writing an energy policy, conducting an initial review of energy aspects, determining objectives, targets and programs, and identifying resources
- Implementing an Energy Management Service, including process mapping, operational control and documentation
- Energy monitoring and measurement, internal audit, and corrective and preventive action
- Management review to ensure continual improvement
- Save money and reduce costs through energy efficiency
- Comply with greenhouse and/or energy reporting legislation
- Meet stakeholder expectations
- Contribute to sustainable development
- Enhance the reputation of your current organization and win more customers