- Globally recognized and GFSI benchmarked
- Reduced audit burden (BRC certification is recognized by many retailers around the world, so a BRC-certified system may meet the needs of many of your customers)
- Reduced complaints and rejected products
- Increased customer confidence, opening new market opportunities
- Clearly defined risk-based requirements based on due diligence requirements
Who should use BRC storage and distribution standard?
The standard was created to support the needs of service providers for the storage and distribution of food and consumer goods. This includes organizations that:
- Warehouse packaged or specified bulk and loose foods and consumer goods
- Distribute and transport packaged or specified bulk and loose foods, and consumer goods
- Any combination of the two types businesses that fall within the scope of the standard
The BRC standard for food safety takes a common sense, risk-based approach, providing organizations with a clear path towards achieving certification. Over 25,000 sites in more than 130 different countries have risen to the challenge of industry best practice food safety certification.
Supported by customers
Many retailers, food service companies and major food manufacturers around the world support the BRC Global Standard for Storage and Distribution as a core food safety standard and accept certification to this standard as a pre-requisite to their supplier approval process.
Developed by industry experts, the standard incorporates quality management systems and internationally accepted best practices to ensure the safety and quality of products during storage and distribution. It also features multiple optional modules to support flexibility for your business.
Widely accepted certification reduces the need and expense of duplicate audits. Audits are completed by local BRC trained and approved auditors to enable an internationally accepted Standard to be audited at local rates.