Cell therapy is a growing industry which uses various techniques to replace or regenerate human cells, tissues or organs, with the goal of restoring or establishing normal function. A key challenge is to establish the standards that will encourage innovation and progress.
See below for some of the results of funded projects in this area.
- A framework for standards to support innovation in cell therapy manufacturing
- PAS 157 Evaluation of materials of biological origin used in the production of cell-based medicinal products - Guide
- PAS 84:2012 Cell therapy and regenerative medicine - glossary
- PAS 83:2012 Developing human cells for clinical applications in the European Union and the United States of America - guide
- PAS 93: 2011 Characterization of human cells for clinical applications - Guide