Implementing Energy Management System based on ISO 50001
Using a step-by-step process, this two-day course provides guidance on how to implement an ISO 50001 energy management system.
You’ll learn how to establish systems and processes that can help to reduce your energy costs, cut your environmental impact and boost your reputation.
Following the course you’ll have the expertise to define, plan, implement and maintain an energy management system based on ISO 50001.
You will also learn how to gain management buy-in, build awareness, identify targets, and prepare project plans.
Hands-on exercises and a take-home toolkit will help you learn effectively, while providing a valuable reference for your implementation process. The course will also discuss integrating ISO 50001 with other management systems, like ISO 14001.
Who should attend?
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme. On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
- Those interested in improving energy performance and energy efficiency
- Those who want to implement an ISO 50001 EnMS
- Those with a responsibility for energy management - ;
- Energy managers (management representatives, plant managers, facility managers)
- Energy coordinators (process owners, engineers)
What will I learn?
- Understand ISO 50001 requirements
- Identify the resources needed to implement ISO 50001
- Define, plan and implement a ISO 50001 energy management system
- Develop energy policies, processes, targets and measuring techniques
How will I benefit?
- Reduce energy costs
- Reduce carbon emissions and environmental impacts
- Meet environmental targets and legal requirements
- Be confident you have robust energy management systems in place
- Build awareness and understanding of best practice energy management
- Save resources by integrating ISO 50001 with other management systems
Our unique accelerated approach fast-tracks learning, improves knowledge retention and ensures you get the skills to apply your knowledge straight away. This course involves practical activities as well as toolkits, templates and classroom learning to help you develop a deeper understanding of the material and have a greater impact on job performance.