BSI Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Programme is accredited by IASSC and CSSC.
To enable successful deployment of Lean Six Sigma strategy, Lean Six Sigma Green Belts play the role in initiating improvement projects within their functional groups and support Black Belts in cross-functional improvement projects.
By attending this comprehensive nine-day training course, you’ll be introduced to intermediate level tools and techniques to analyse and improve processes using the Lean Six Sigma approach. Upon successful completion of the exam you will receive the internationally recognized Certified Green Belt qualification.
How will I benefit?
You'll be able to:
- utilize the structured DMAIC methodology in solving functional problems with breakthrough results
- apply quantitative techniques to make effective fact-based decisions
- display the linkage between projects and desired departmental goals
- lead subject matter experts to increase functional group efficiency
- manage and facilitate improvement project teams within your functional groups effectively
- lead and manage change within your own functional groups
- communicate effectively within the organization.
This training is relevant for engineers, supervisors, group leaders, executives and officers that need the knowledge and skills in most of the Lean Sigma fundamental tools.
Upon completion of this training, You’ll be able to:
- work with Black Belts to set up process improvement projects
- lead a project team to execute departmental-level improvement project
- apply the tools learned in your day-to-day activities
MINITABTM software will be the official software used during the training.
On completion of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training, with a minimum attendance of 90% per phase, you will receive an internationally recognized BSI certificate of attendance.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification requirements
Option 1: IASSC Certification
The IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (ICGB) exam is a 3-hour 100 question proctored exam based on the IASSC Universally Accepted Lean Six Sigma Body of Knowledge for Black Belts. The Exam contains approximately 20 multiple-choice and true/false questions from each major section of the ILSSBOK for Green Belts.
In order to achieve this accredited designation of IASSC Certified Green Belt (ICGB) from the International Association for Six Sigma Certification, you must complete the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Exam and achieve a minimum score of 385 points out of a total potential of 500 points.
*The Certification Exam to be scheduled separately within 2 weeks after the 9 days of LSSGB training. To maintain the professional designation of IASSC Certified Green Belt (ICBB), candidates must sit the IASSC recertification exam every 3 years.
The only method to earn an IASSC certification is to successfully sit for and pass an official IASSC certification™ exam. Our programme includes IASSC Certification exam (for the 1st sitting).
Option 2 - CSSC Certification
The Official CSSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification exam consists of 100 multiple-choice and true/false questions from the major sections of CSSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt “Body of Knowledge”. It is an open-book format examination (we encourage the use of the free Self-Study Guide issued by The Council for Six Sigma Certification while taking the exam) that you will have 2 hours to complete.
To successfully obtain the professional designation of CSSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSC-CLSSGB), candidates must successfully complete the CSSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Exam and achieve a score of 280 points (or higher) out of a total 400 possible points. Applicants will have 3 attempts to successfully pass the exam. Once the examination assessment fee is paid, applicants will have 1 year to successfully pass the exam.
The only method to earn an CSSC certification is to successfully sit for and pass an official CSSC certification™ exam. Our programme includes CSSC Certification exam (for one exam voucher only).
Option 3 – BSI Certification
- Complete the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training with a minimum attendance of 90% per phase.
- Pass BSI’s LSSGB certification exam with the minimum score of 70%.
- Complete one Lean Six Sigma Green Belt project within 24 months of course completion.
- Project report submitted to and approved by BSI.
- Project savings/benefits achieved to be validated and endorsed by your organization.
Participants must be involved and contribute (analysis and implementation) to the Lean Six Sigma Project either as team leader or team member.
This training course is HRD Corp claimable programme.