What is PAS 7100:2018 about?
The Code provides practical guidance to help ensure businesses can act promptly and effectively to protect public safety should a consumer product be found to be unsafe.
Part 1 of the Code sets out practical guidance on:
- Monitoring product safety and traceability
- Product Safety Incident plans
- Managing a recall or corrective action situation
Part 2 of the Code provides guidance on the role of Market surveillance Authorities in supporting businesses to meet the code requirements.
Who is this PAS for?
The Code is to assist businesses to monitor the safety of products and to put a product safety incident plan in place, so they are prepared to deal with any product safety incident that may arise.
The Code also provides practical guidance for businesses on managing a product safety incident should one occur.
The Code also sets out the responsibilities of Local Authorities and how they can support businesses in preparing product safety incident plans and in dealing with incidents that may arise.
Why should you use PAS 7100?
- It is vital that businesses monitor the safety of their products closely to enabling them to act promptly if a potential safety issue arises.
- Advance planning will make it far easier to manage any product safety incident that might occur efficiently and effectively.
- In addition to the paramount importance of protecting people from harm businesses have legal responsibilities to meet and reputations to protect.