A masterclass is a five-day advanced training course that will give you a deeper understanding of management systems.
By developing this expertise, you’ll be better equipped to implement the more challenging technical aspects of a management system standard or discipline. You’ll also have the competence to improve an existing management system by evaluating the effectiveness of its implementation.
The masterclass explores key clause requirements, concepts and principles - as well as related standards and guidance.
This masterclass will provide you with the knowledge and skills to implement, maintain and improve the more technical aspects of an occupational health and safety management system (OH&S MS) based on ISO 45001.
Using short presentations, discussions, self-reflection and classroom activities, this masterclass will delve into deeper technical areas, requirements and concepts than would be covered in an ISO 45001 Lead Implementer training course.
An expert BSI tutor will be on hand to facilitate discussions, draw insights and experiences among the class. This will bring to life the concepts for designing and maintaining an ISO 45001 management system. It will enable you to maximize the applicability of your learning from the masterclass to your workplace.
The masterclass will cover the context of the organization and integration with business processes. It will cover topics such as risks and opportunities, OH&S risk assessment guideline for the applications of ISO 45001 and BS 45002-0, emergency preparedness and response including incident investigation, guidance on occupational ill health, integration of management systems and competence requirements for auditing and certification of occupational health and safety management systems.
Our ISO 45001:2018 masterclass is designed for occupational health and safety professionals seeking to further develop their occupational health and safety management journey. Critical processes will be explored, especially under Clauses 6, planning and 8, operation of the ISO 45001 standard.
How will I benefit?
This masterclass will help you to:
- Understand and be aware of BS 45002-2 when identifying and managing risks and opportunities in an OH&S management system
- Understand and be aware of BS 45002-0 when explaining criteria and methodologies for the key risk assessment steps of identification and analysis; evaluating risks; describing human factors and risk; and gaining an appreciation of ISO 31000 risk management standard
- Gain the ability to describe the intent, and implementation, of some of the more challenging clauses within ISO 45001
- Understand and be aware of BS 45002-3 to explain emergency preparedness and response including incident investigation
- Understand and be aware of BS 45002-1 guidance on managing occupational ill health
- Gain an awareness of the integration issues associated with combining one or more management systems by referring to the use of the ISO Handbook The Integrated Use of Management System Standards (IUMSS)’
- Be able to communicate ISO 17021-10 competence requirements for auditing and certification of occupational health and safety management systems
This masterclass is for anyone involved in the detailed technical management and improvement of an OH&S MS based on ISO 45001:2018. It is suitable for many roles including managers, consultants, team leaders and process managers/owners.
Please note: If you’re more interested in the process of implementation, you will find our Implementation course more appropriate. If you’re leading an implementation team and want to learn about the requirements, process and project management aspects of the implementation of an OH&S MS, our Lead Implementer course is more suitable.
You’ll have the knowledge to:
- Provide an overview of ISO 45001
- Explain the differences and applicability between ISO 45001, BS 45002-0, BS 45002-1, BS 45002-2, BS 45002-3
- Discuss how to identify and manage risks and opportunities in an OH&S management system with BS 45002-2
- Convey the intent and implementation practice of some of the more challenging clauses within ISO 45001
- Define criteria and methodologies for the key risk assessment steps of identification and analysis, evaluate risks, describe human factors and risk in conjunction with BS 45002-0
- Discuss risk management standards such as ISO 31000 and PAS 7000
- Demonstrate awareness of emergency preparedness and response referring to BS 45002-3
- Review BS 45002-1 guidance on managing occupational ill health
- Identify how ISO 45001 requirements can serve to mitigate employee, contractor/vendor and visitor risk during a pandemic
- Explain integration issues associated with combining one of more management systems by referring to the use of the ISO Handbook 'The Integrated Use of Management System Standards (IUMSS)'
- Communicate ISO 17021-10 competence requirements for auditing and certification of OH&S management system
You’ll have the skills to:
- Effectively implement key requirements of ISO 45001
- Use BS 45002-2 to identify and manage risks and opportunities in an OH&S management system
- Use BS 45002-0 to outline criteria and methodologies for the key risk assessment steps of identification and analysis; evaluate risks; describe human factors and risk
Use BS 45002-3 to outline emergency preparedness and response including incident investigation
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.