Cloud Computing Security Training Course: Introduction to the Cloud, Security and CSA STAR certification
Increasing numbers of organizations recognize the benefits of outsourcing all or part of their information technology needs to cloud service providers.
Many cloud service providers will hold ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management System certification, but does this go far enough for your cloud security needs?
The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), in conjunction with BSI, has developed the CSA STAR Certification scheme for cloud service providers.
This one day course will provide an insight into the fundamentals of cloud computing and its advantages and disadvantages. It will also provide an insight into how CSA STAR certification can help you decide whether to outsource your services to a cloud service provider, by giving you confidence that the cloud service provider has been independently assessed by an external certification body.
Who should attend?
Those responsible for implementing and managing cloud services within their organization, or those with information security responsibilities.
Suggested job roles include:
- Quality managers
- IT managers
- Information security officers
- Information security consultants
What will I learn?
- Understand the different cloud services available to organizations
- Recognize the potential risks of using cloud services
- Who are the CSA and what is the Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM)
- Where ISO/IEC 27001 fits with in with the CCM
- The advantages of being a CSA STAR certified cloud service provider
How will I benefit?
- Obtain an overview of the cloud and cloud services
- Recognise the need for adequate security when using cloud services
- Be aware of how the CCM can be used to assess cloud security compliance and robustness of your cloud security operations
- Understand the role of ISO/IEC 27001 certification in CSA STAR Certification
- Appreciate how CSA STAR certification can provide clients with confidence