Grasp the key management principles, themes and terminology of BIM and how to apply these within your organization, as well as the drivers for success and return on investment (ROI). You’ll gain the relevant understanding and foundation to effectively utilize BIM on your next project.
This course will also help you easily implement BIM by understanding the strategic and technical processes required to apply BIM on all levels. This course provides the knowledge and skills you need to successfully manage each step of your building project by encouraging the use of a consistent management framework.
This course offers a deeper understanding of the delivery of Level 2 BIM and how you can ensure different information types are gathered, managed and used more efficiently across multiple projects. The topics will include detailed explanations of processes and procedures, in line with PAS 1192-2 and the roles and responsibilities that align to these objectives allowing you to deliver business value at every step of the process.
Prerequisites : There are no formal prerequisites but delegates will benefit from reading the Level 2 BIM suite of documents before attending the course.
- PAS 1192-6:2018
- BS 1192:2007+A2:2016
- PAS 1192-2:2013
- PAS 1192-3:2014
- BS 1192-4:2014
- PAS 1192-5:2015
- BS 8536-1:2015
All construction industry professionals requiring the knowledge and understanding of processes and procedures to deliver projects in line with BIM Level 2.
This course will help you:
- Explain the basic principles and terminology of BIM
- Understand the ‘why’ objectives towards achieving Level 2 BIM
- Engage with clients on the benefits and key drivers associated to BIM
- Manage teams and projects to ensure all members of the supply chain are aware of the requirements to be able to deliver
- Identify the key benefits of implementing BIM
- Understand how to effectively embed BIM processes within your business
- Develop a plan and determine the resources required for implementation
- Apply industry good practice across your supply chain
- Discover a variety of strategic and technical solutions from implementing BIM
- Create a change management programme in line with BIM
- Analyse and dissect the barriers to BIM in relation to building and construction.
- Grasp the practical application of BIM requirements to a client’s facilities management strategy and goals
- Advise clients on how to manage data more effectively and in turn become a desirable supply chain member for them in the future
- Create a common data environment and understand how to deliver information in line with the Design Responsibility matrix and individual supplier responsibilities
- Understand Construction Operations Building Information Exchange (COBie)
- Learn how to utilize Industry Foundation Classes (IFC).
- Execute the core principles and achieve Level 2 BIM in your projects
- Create your own template documents, including the BIM Execution Plan
- Gain a better understanding of the relationship between design, construction, facilities and asset management to provide better solutions for your clients
- Know what to look for when being appointed and how BIM affects your contracts.