Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management System
To setup an information security can be simple or it could be highly sophisticated, depending on your organizational needs. The most important to know is where do you start?
With the "Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management System" 1-day course, our tutors will explain to you all that you need to know about the standard and how it applies to your organization. You will better informed on the background, updated concepts, principles, terms and definitions used by an ISO/IEC 27001 information security system professional when you attend to this course.
Who should attend?
Anyone with interest on information security, data protection, corporate governance, risk and compliance, management systems, security, IT services, human resources, financial and accounting records and any business area that interacts with high risk private data.
Suggested job roles and their teams include:
- Information security managers
- IT and corporate security managers
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Human Resource managers
- Financial and Accounts managers
- Internal legal teams
- Private data and records administration teams
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme.
What will I learn?
- What is information security management (ISM)
- Why ISM is important to an organization
- What are the benefits of ISM
- What is the background of ISM
- What are the key concepts and principles in ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- The terms and definitions used
- The main requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013
How will I benefit?
- Know what is required before you decide whether to adopt the standard or otherwise
- Be aware of the benefits of adopting the standard
- Know how you could customize an ISO/IEC 27001:2013 that would work practically within your business
What does the fee cover?
- Training course notes
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)