ISO 45001:2018 Strategic Approach to Risk-based Thinking
Online course available
An effective occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system can help an organization manage health and safety in the workplace for workers and other people affected by the organization’s activities.
Planning in management systems is often viewed as something which relates mainly to setting up the system. Planning considers the relationships and interactions between the activities and requirements for the management system as a whole. Occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system planning is an ongoing activity; anticipating changing circumstances and continually determining risks and opportunities, both for the workers and for the OH&S management system in accordance with the plan-do-check-act (PDCA) cycle.
As part of risk-based thinking, organisations are required to think about the internal and external issues they face, the relevant requirements of their interested parties within the defined scope of the OH&MS, and the impact this may have on systems and processes when determining risks and opportunities. The determination of risks and opportunities should be carried out at both strategic and operational levels.
This training course is specially designed to provide understand of risk-based thinking. Practical activities are incorporated into this training to translate this concept into structured methodology that will assist organizations to address the strategic development of the system.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for all managers, executives and occupational safety & health professionals who need to be equipped with a practical understanding of the context of the organization and risk-based thinking, especially those involved in developing the occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system. The course is suitable for anyone who may become involved in the certification, maintenance and internal auditing of the OH&S management system in an organization.
For more details relating to the methodology for determination of significant environmental aspect and interpretation of local legal requirements, do attend the following courses:
- One-day training on ‘Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Risk Assessment’
- One-day training on ‘Malaysian OH&S Laws Interpretation and Application’
What will I learn?
This programme aims to provide delegates with the following:
- An understanding of the context of the organization in planning and implementation of the occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system
- An understanding of application of risk-based thinking in the context of ISO 45001:2018
- An understanding of structured method in developing an effective OH&S management system relevant to the context
- An understanding of how to integrate the actions to address the risks & opportunities into the OH&S management system processes or other business processes
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of the training, delegates will:
- Have a good understanding of the importance of understanding the context of the organization
- Understand how to address risk-based thinking
- Understand how to incorporate risk-based thinking into the organization’s system
- Gain a practical approach in developing an OH&S Management System in a structured manner
Our tutors have professional experience working with organizations to help them set-up and successfully maintain environmental and health and safety management across a variety of industries. They understand your challenges and they bring the subject matter to life with relevant and contemporary examples to enhance your learning.
What is included?
This training course is HRDF claimable.
On completion, you will be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
Now, you can join this training online in a virtual classroom.
Our online training course is Connected Learning Live platform - a real-time, online way of training that delivers our world class learning programmes to you through an engaging and interactive experience, regardless of your location.