Hazardous chemical management
By attending this one-day training course you will understand how to handle, store, process and dispose of hazardous chemicals in a safe way, within the law.
Every organization must handle hazardous chemicals effectively in accordance with regulations. The more knowledge you have of the risks, the more effectively you can prevent pollution, personal harm and ill-health to you, your colleagues and the wider community.
Who should attend?
Anyone who is responsible for or handles hazardous chemicals, including those in environmental management and/or health and safety.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of the training, you will be able to:
- Recognise and classify types of hazardous chemicals use in your organization
- Understand and decide on proper handling, storage and disposal methods for hazardous chemicals
- Choose proper protection and precaution measures when spills or accidental release of hazardous chemicals occurs
How will I benefit?
- Become knowledgeable on the types of chemical hazards, risk assessments and management
- Understand how to handle, store and dispose of hazardous chemical substances, including the necessary precautions; in accordance to the regulatory requirements
- Understand the purpose and contents of safety data sheets (SDS)
- Learn how to conduct a risk assessment and emergency response
Our tutors have professional experience working with organizations to help them set-up and successfully maintain environmental and health and safety management across a variety of industries. They understand your challenges and they bring the subject matter to life with relevant and contemporary examples to enhance your learning.
On completion, you will be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.