This course will enable you to recognise the different types of pests commonly found in food production, and how to prevent infestation.
Common food pests cause damage to food facilities, damage products and are a food safety hazard. All staff working in food production, retail and foodservice should be aware of the different pests, recognise signs of infestation, know how to prevent this happening and to report it. The course covers the essential information needed, and includes a quiz to test your understanding on completion.
How will I benefit?
- Access your training at a time and location convenient to you
- Interactive learning through activities and quizzes
- On successful completion of the assessment, download your digital certificate immediately
This course is ideal for food production staff and their supervisors who need to gain an awareness of pests. It is also suitable for staff in food companies whose roles and decisions affect food safety, such as procurement, logistics and operations teams, senior management and HR.
Job roles could include:
- Production and operations
- Purchasing and supply
- Senior management (non-food)
- Office and HR teams
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the risks associated with pests
- Identify signs of pest activity
- Take the correct actions to prevent pest activity
The courses have been designed as on-demand eLearning modules, enabling you to access them at a time and place convenient to you. Ideally viewed on a tablet or laptop, they are interactive and you will be taking part in activities throughout.