Our Lean Practitioner certification programme is designed to provide you with a basic understanding of Lean, as well as help you to successfully implement the fundamental Lean tools in the workplace.
By attending this five-day training programme, you'll be introduced to tools and techniques that have been successfully applied in manufacturing and service organizations to deliver great results, including significant cost savings and improved operational performance.
With classroom sessions, as well as tasks to take back into your workplace, you'll get the practical application to give you confidence to make a difference in your organization.
How will I benefit?
You'll be able to:
- Carry out Lean improvement projects
- Explain Lean principles and techniques
- Apply relevant Lean techniques to eliminate wasteful practices
- Establish key performance metrics to monitor progress and results attained
Our experienced tutors have practical application of the subject matter, enabling them to understand and meet your specific industry requirements.
Managers, engineers, maintenance and production supervisors and executives responsible for process improvement.
This course will help you:
- Identify waste in the workplace
- Organize and improve your work area
- Identify opportunities that can enhance your organization’s ability to provide value to your customers
- Carry out a work-based study on specific tasks and identify opportunities for improvement
On completion of Lean Practitioner training, with a minimum attendance of 80% per flight, you will receive an internationally recognized BSI certificate of attendance.
Certification Criteria (Certified Lean Practitioner) - Optional
- Completion of Lean Practitioner training with a minimum attendance of 80% per Flight
- Completion of Understanding 5S Principles (e-learning)
- Pass all the Quizzes (Flight 1 and e-learning),
- Completion of 1 Lean project with application of at least 1 Lean tool
- Project report submitted to and approved by BSI’s assessor
- Project savings / benefits achieved for the project must total more than RM10,000 per annum
- Project results must impact 1 or more of the performance indicators related to quality, cost and delivery
- Project savings / benefits achieved to be validated and endorsed by finance / senior management of the participant’s organisation, as real gains.
Participants must be involved and contribute to the Lean project. Activities that fulfil this criteria :
- Participant is a project team leader or team member
- Participant contributes ideas on Lean tool application
- Participant is involved in data collection, analysis and solution implementation
Activities that do not fulfil this criteria: Attending meetings, reviewing reports and scheduling project related activities.
Each Lean Practitioner participant will be given a period of 6 months from completion of the training to complete one Lean project for submission and certification.
This training course is HRD Corp claimable programme.