ISO/IEC 20000 Internal Auditor
By conducting effective internal audits, you can ensure that your organization’s IT service management system continually improves and achieves its full potential. Based on ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and ISO 19011:2002, this two-day course will guide you through the IT service management internal audit process, from planning and performing the audit to reporting the findings and taking corrective action.
During the training, you will develop your auditing skill by taking part in practical exercises, role-playing activities and group workshops. You will also learn how to customize the internal audit framework to suit your organization, and that you can integrate ISO 2000-1:2011 audits with other management systems, such as ISO 9001:2008.
Who should attend?
- Managers responsible for implementing ISO/IEC 20000
- Executives responsible for implementing ISO/IEC 20000
- Managers or executives involved in delivering ISO/IEC 20000
- Management representatives
- ISO/IEC 20000 consultants
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme
What will I learn?
- Identify the principles of auditing and auditor responsibilities
- Plan an internal audit for an ISO 20000-1 IT service management system
- Conduct informal opening and closing meetings
- Conduct an audit based on good process identification, sampling and questioning
- Provide verbal and written feedback
- Construct and document concise nonconformities
- Report the audit effectively
- Follow up on corrective actions
How will I benefit?
- Develop internal auditing expertise
- Be able to ensure that your organization’s IT service management system (ITSMS) is compliant with ISO 20000-1
- Have the ability to prepare for third party audits
What does the fee cover?
- Training course notes
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)