ISO 22000 Lead Auditor Training Course (IRCA)
BSI’s “ISO 22000:2005 Lead Auditor” course focuses on teaching students an effective approach for auditing food safety management systems. The primary objective of this training course is to instruct food safety auditors in the principles and practices specific to auditing for conformance with ISO 22000:2005, including planning and preparation of the audit, audit practices, and reporting audit findings.
Experienced instructors guide students through 3rd Party audits that are required for a management system based on ISO 22000:2005. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
Who should attend?
- Managers planning the implementation of ISO 22000:2005
- Anyone who may be involved in either the support or actual implementation of a food safety management system or HACCP-based system
- Managers or other personnel tasked with managing a food safety management system
- Individuals interested in conducting first-party, second-party, and third-party audits based on ISO 22000:2005
- Food safety consultants
What will I learn?
- Understand the concepts and requirements of ISO 22000:2005
- Understand national/international food safety legislation
- Understand HACCP principles based on Codex Alimentarius
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the auditor
- Apply ISO 19011:2002 and ISO/TS 22003:2007 definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Recognize the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Conduct all phases of an external audit (plan, execute, report, record, follow-up, closure)
- Prepare and present effective reports
- Experience working within the food chain, preferably with an understanding of implementing or operating a management system
- An understanding of relevant key food safety legislation
- An understanding of prerequisite programmes
- An understanding of Good Practice guides for Agriculture (GAP),Veterinary (GVP), Manufacturing (GMP), Hygiene (GHP), Production (GPP),Distribution (GDP) and/or Trading (GTP) depending on the segment of the food chain in which the student operates
- An understanding of the principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme.
On completion, you will be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.