Good Manufacturing Practise (GMP)
This one day course begins with a basic introduction to food safety covering food handling and food hygiene principles that are practiced the world over. With this foundation of knowledge, delegates are ready to move onto studying Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) in the afternoon session:
In order for a food safety management system to be effective, it is essential that HACCP be supported by GMP that control the general hygiene and environmental conditions in a food operation.
The GMP described in this course are accepted requirements for prerequisites as defined in the CODEX Alimentarius General Principle of Food Hygiene.
By attending this course delegates will demonstrate the knowledge to identify risks due to poor implementation of GMP thus reducing the potential risk of food contamination.
Who should attend?
- Particularly suitable for management staff moving from another industry or sector
- Managers: Production, Maintenance, Stewarding, QA
- Purchasers (who have impact on purchasing the correct raw material and incoming inspection)
- Food handler
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme.
What will I learn?
- Explain food safety risks from GMP
- Demonstrate knowledge of each GMP component and their impact on food safety
- Be able to review existing work place GMPs and amend them accordingly, if required
How will my organization benefit?
- Boost stakeholder confidence with the most recoqnised hygiene practise
- Encourage continuous professional development.
- Correct implementation of GMP
- Improved understanding and compliance of company SOPs
- Training course notes
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)