Automotive core tools for auditors (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, MSA)
Online course available
Core tools in IATF 16949 are referring to Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Potential Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Measurement System Analysis (MSA). These core tools are often difficult for users to master and it is even more challenging for auditors to understand and audit the application.
The latest publication of the IATF 16949 standard states explicitly that the internal auditor competency shall include as minimum “the understanding of applicable core tools requirements related to the scope of audit.”
This specially designed 2-day training module on core tools is to equip the automotive quality management system auditors with the essential knowledge on the core tools applications from the auditor perspectives. Practical exercises will be provided during the training to accelerate the positive learning outcomes for the participants.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for all auditors (first and second party), executive and quality professionals who need to be equipped with a thorough understanding of the core tools for an effective implementation of auditing. The course is therefore suitable for anyone who may become involved in the certification, maintenance and internal auditing of the automotive quality management system.
What will I learn?
- Understanding the basic core tools concepts for the auditor
- Understanding the desired outputs from the core tools
- Able to understand and interpret the core tools outputs such as APQP process, PPAP submission requirements, FMEAs (design & process), control charts, process capability study and measurement system analysis (for both variable and attribute measuring systems)
How will I benefit?
- Provide a comprehensive understanding of the core tools from the auditor perspectives
- Meet the IATF core tools requirements for the auditor competency
- Provide a structured process approach on how to audit core tools effectively
- Realistic exercises are provided to enhance the learning processes
Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
What is included?
This training course is HRDF claimable.
On completion, you will be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
Now, you can join this training online in a virtual classroom.
Our online training course is Connected Learning Live platform - a real-time, online way of training that delivers our world class learning programmes to you through an engaging and interactive experience, regardless of your location.