Building Information Modelling (BIM) Implementation Training Course
With the government mandate on BIM fast approaching, many businesses have already started implementing BIM. For those yet to begin their journey, this can often seem a complicated task.Make your implementation easier by understanding the strategic and technical processes required to apply BIM on all levels.
This course provides the knowledge and skills you need to successfully manage each step of your building project. By encouraging the use of a consistent management framework, BIM seems to mitigate costs and delays from inaccurate or incomplete information before or during a build. Understand the processes and requirements involved and how to successfully address topics such as cultural and behavioural change management.
You’ll acquire the necessary information and varied technical applications that will enable and drive the growth of your projects moving forward, regardless of size or location.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the implementation of BIM within their organization, including managers, senior staff and directors in building and infrastructure projects.
There are no formal prerequisites but delegates will benefit from reading the Level 2 BIM suite of documents before attending the course.
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme. On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- Main cultural and technical barriers in BIM Adoption and how to overcome these
- Embedding new BIM processes and procedures
- How BIM enables growth by offering a value added solution
- Supporting Change Management processes
- Changes in systems and procedures enabling BIM processes to be undertaken effectively and within organizational financial structure.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the key benefits of implementing BIM
- Understand how to effectively embed BIM processes within your business
- Develop a plan and determine the resources required for implementation
- Apply industry good practice across your supply chain
- Discover a variety of strategic and technical solutions from implementing BIM
- Create a change management programme in line with BIM
- Analyse and dissect the barriers to BIM in relation to building and construction.
Our unique accelerated approach fast-tracks learning, improves knowledge retention and ensures you get the skills to apply your knowledge straight away. This course involves practical activities as well as toolkits, templates and classroom learning to help you develop a deeper understanding of the material and have a greater impact on job performance.