Building Information Modelling (BIM) Fundamentals Training Course
From April 2016, the UK government will mandate BIM Level 2 for all centrally procured government contracts. For the constructAion industry, this presents an exciting opportunity to embrace change, increase productivity and secure new contracts.
The process of BIM allows those who interact with it to optimize their actions, resulting in a greater whole life value for their asset. This course provides the knowledge you need to understand the fundamental principles of BIM, in particular Level 2 and its associated outcomes. You’ll focus on the context, key drivers and benefits that relate to the governments objectives of achieving Level 2 BIM by 2016.
Grasp the key management principles, themes and terminology of BIM and how to apply these within your organization, as well as the drivers for success and return on investment (ROI). You’ll gain the relevant understanding and foundation to effectively utilize BIM on your next project.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the design, construction and project management (including specialist subcontractors and clients) of BIM activities.
There are no formal prerequisites but delegates will benefit from reading the Level 2 BIM suite of documents before attending the course.
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme. On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- Basic principles and benefits of BIM
- Government aims to achieve Level 2 BIM by 2016
- Relevant British Standards and supporting documentation that align to delivering projects to achieve Level 2 BIM
- Value of information and how it should be managed, delivered and used through the capital, delivery and occupation phases of a project
- BIM as a determining factor on delivering projects on time, without waste and inefficiencies.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Explain the basic principles and terminology of BIM
- Understand the governments objectives towards achieving Level 2 BIM
- Engage with clients on the benefits and key drivers associated to BIM
- Manage teams and projects to ensure all members of the supply chain are aware of the requirements to be able to deliver
- Grasp the concept of ‘Digital Built Britain’ and ensure your business recognizes the need for the developme
Our unique accelerated approach fast-tracks learning, improves knowledge retention and ensures you get the skills to apply your knowledge straight away. This course involves practical activities as well as toolkits, templates and classroom learning to help you develop a deeper understanding of the material and have a greater impact on job performance.