PIMS BS 10012:2017 Requirements
BS 10012:2017 provides a framework for a Personal Information Management System (PIMS). It will help you to maintain and improve compliance with data protection legislation within your organization and provide assurance to your stakeholders.
This one-day course will introduce you to the principles of BS 10012:2017. It will help you understand how BS 10012:2017 aligns with the key privacy principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the roles individuals will need to play.
With the full support of a world-class BSI tutor, you’ll learn about the BS 10012:2017 standard, common terms and definitions, and the key concepts and requirements.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the planning, implementing and maintaining of a BS 10012:2017 Personal Information Management System
We recommend that you have a general awareness of a PIMS and a basic understanding of data protection principles and terminology.
We also recommend that you have an understanding of whether a PIMS is currently employed in your organization.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to explain:
- What a PIMS is, why it’s important, and how it can benefit your organization
- The key terms and definitions used
- The main requirements of BS 10012:2017 (e.g. embedding the PIMS in an organization’s culture, addressing risks and opportunities and setting PIMS objectives)
- The key concepts and structure of BS 10012:2017
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the importance and benefits of having an effective PIMS in place
- Understand the content of BS 10012:2017, your requirements, and how it will improve your business
- Identify and manage risks to personal information
- Support regulatory compliance with data protection legislation
- Inspire customer trust
- Protect your organization’s reputation
- Benchmark your organization’s personal information management practices with recognized best practice
- Integrate BS 10012:2017 with other management system standards
- Detailed course notes
- Lunch and refreshments are provided.
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate