Global BIM Manager Professional Training Course (HKIS members only)
Course collaborated by
In 2017, the HKSAR Government decreed that building information modelling (BIM) technology must be used in the design and construction of all major government capital works projects with a project estimate of more than HK$30 million that were scheduled to start during or after 2018, and that the use of this technology in private construction projects should also be promoted.
In addition, to ensure the healthy development of BIM in Hong Kong, the Construction Industry Council (CIC), has introduced the BIM Certification and Accreditation Schemes to ascertain the competency of BIM personnel and the quality of local BIM training courses.
CIC Accredited BIM Manager Course
BSI and HKU jointly develop the Global BIM Manager Professional Training with the purpose of cultivating senior BIM managerial talents who are leading the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry.
This course is accredited by CIC and we are the FIRST BIM Manager training course provider in offering CIC-Accredited BIM Manager course.
With the focus of bringing in internationally recognized BIM national standards from the UK into Hong Kong, and with reference to ISO 19650 and PAS 1192 suite standards; we hope, under the CIC Certification Scheme for BIM Personnel,
- To introduce the lifecycle BIM management experiences and best practices to the AEC industry
- To provide the industry elites with leading-edge learning resources on BIM management,
- To improve the core capabilities of BIM management, and ultimately
- To broaden their global horizon regarding the development and contextualising BIM and digital built into the sector.
4 Surveyors from HKIS are invited as a visiting industry practitioner to deliver 4 sessions (1 hour each) in relation to surveyor on BIM application. They are:
- Sr Eddie Wong (LS related)
- Sr Sunny Choi (QS related)
- Sr YY Yip (BS, PDD related)
- Sr Prof Bay Wong (PFM and PDD related)
Click here for HKIS guest speakers' biography.
Who should attend?
A degree in architecture, engineering, surveying, building or construction, or equivalent as recognised by CIC, plus five years of relevant post-degree experience (including at least six months in Hong Kong)
Practical BIM experience:
At least two years of practical experience in BIM in past five years (including at least six months in Hong Kong)
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- BIM concept
- Local & Global Contexts, BIM standards and guidelines
- BIM software
- Technology trend
- Digital information management
- Common Data Environment (CDE)
- Data quality control & assurance across various stages
- Commercial issue
- Contract issue
- Client BIM Strategy
- Client Pre-tender Project Stage
- Definition and Design Stage
- Construction Stage
- Handover Stage
- Operations and Maintenance Stage
Click for Course Brochure and Course Flyer
How will I benefit?
The ISO 19650 standard is an international standard for managing information over the whole life cycle of a built asset using BIM. Through the use of Building Information Modelling and BIM certification, the following key benefits can be gained:
- Faster and efficient processes
- Increased productivity and speeds up delivery
- Reduced uncertainty
- Controlled whole-life costs and environmental data
- Avoidance of rework costs
- Improved safety
- Opportunity to secure contracts and meet ISO BIM
- Reduced on-site waste
- Prevention of errors
What is included?
- Trainees will be entitled to 37 CPD hours by HKIS
- Training course notes
- Training certificates issued by BSI and The University of Hong Kong
Course Fee: original: HKD 18,000 for a 5-day training
You may apply for either funding below:
HKD 6,000 ONLY after RTTP reimbursement
HKD 15,000 ONLY after CITF reimbursement
Click for the funding details: RTTP; CITF
Course schedule (HKIS members only):
Dec 2, 9, 16, 17, 20 (Exam)
Call: +852 3149 3334