Global BIM Manager Professional Training Course (HKIS members only)
Course collaborated by BSI, HKU and HKIS
In 2017, the HKSAR Government decreed that building information modelling (BIM) technology must be used in the design and construction of all major government capital works projects with a project estimate of more than HK$30 million that were scheduled to start during or after 2018, and that the use of this technology in private construction projects should also be promoted.
In addition, to ensure the healthy development of BIM in Hong Kong, the Construction Industry Council (CIC), has introduced the BIM Certification and Accreditation Schemes to ascertain the competency of BIM personnel and the quality of local BIM training courses.
CIC Accredited BIM Manager Course
BSI and HKU jointly develop the Global BIM Manager Professional Training with the purpose of cultivating senior BIM managerial talents who are leading the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry.
This course is accredited by CIC and we are the FIRST BIM Manager training course provider in offering CIC-Accredited BIM Manager course.
With the focus of bringing in internationally recognized BIM national standards from the UK into Hong Kong, and with reference to ISO 19650 and PAS 1192 suite standards; we hope, under the CIC Certification Scheme for BIM Personnel,
- To introduce the lifecycle BIM management experiences and best practices to the AEC industry
- To provide the industry elites with leading-edge learning resources on BIM management,
- To improve the core capabilities of BIM management, and ultimately
- To broaden their global horizon regarding the development and contextualising BIM and digital built into the sector.
4 Surveyors from HKIS are invited as a visiting industry practitioner to deliver 4 sessions (1 hour each) in relation to surveyor on BIM application. They are:
- Sr Bay Wong (PFM and PDD related)
- Sr Sunny Choi (QS related)
- Sr Eddie Wong (LS related)
- Sr YY Yip (BS, PDD related)