BIM PAS 1192 Part 3: Asset Management training course
This course aims to give building/infrastructure asset owners/operators, information managers and contractors working to BIM Level 2 a detailed understanding of the PAS 1192-3 standard. To explain how information requirements are developed for different life-cycle events, and the different roles involved in BIM Level 2 asset information management.
This course will help you understand the asset information management processes for BIM Level 2. It follows on from the BIM Fundamentals course, where this subject is introduced. The course includes sessions on:
- The linkage to asset management
- How asset owners/operators set their information requirements
- How suppliers of information (maintenance contractors, in-house teams, surveyors, engineers) respond with their information plans
- How the common data environment works in asset management
- Roles and responsibilities in asset information management
Who should attend?
Asset managers and facility managers working on behalf of an asset owner or operator. Asset contractors or in-house teams delivering maintenance, repairs, minor refurbishment works, condition surveys.
Project information managers (client side or supply side) may find it helpful to understand how operational information gets specified as part of a project EIR.
This course is designed for those who have some knowledge of BIM Level 2 (who may previously have attended BIM Fundamentals or equivalent).
Attendees should have day-to-day involvement with or responsibility for asset management, particularly the information management aspects of buildings and infrastructure assets.
What will I learn?
- Recognize how key BIM Level 2 asset information management documents are developed
- Explain how to formulate Organizational and Asset Information Requirements
- Explain how asset information is delivered through the common data environment and verified against the information requirements
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand what the PAS 1192-3 standard stays and what it means
- Understand how the asset lifecycle triggers the need for information
- Understand the role of the Asset Information Model and the need to maintain it
- Develop your key information management processes in group activities
- Detailed training course notes
- Lunch and refreshments
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate