ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 Service Management System (SMS) Internal Auditor training course
The aim of the course is to explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an ISO/IEC 20000-1 SMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO/IEC 20000-1.
By conducting effective internal audits, your organization can ensure that their service management system (SMS) continually improves and achieves its full potential to deliver high quality services. Based on ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and ISO 19011:2011, an experienced tutor will guide you through the audit process for an SMS, from planning and performing the audit to reporting the findings and reviewing corrective actions.
This innovative, two-day course provides a solid foundation in all aspects of the audit process. Stage by stage you are taken through a structured programme that includes a balance of theory and practice. Using a combination of collaborative learning and practical activities you’ll gain an understanding of the key activities for auditing.
Who should attend?
- Individuals interested in monitoring the effectiveness of their organization’s SMS
- First party/internal auditors
- Individuals who will be coordinating internal audit activities
- Existing internal auditors who wish to refresh their skills
- Second party auditors will also find this course useful
You are expected to have an understanding of service management and some knowledge of ISO/IEC 20000-1 prior to the course.
It is therefore recommended that you attend the BSI ‘Requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1’ training prior to attending this course. It would also be beneficial to have been involved in, or preferably undertaken, SMS audits before attending this course.
What will I learn?
Our high impact accelerated approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this training, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and business benefits of an SMS based on ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Understand and apply the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1 in the context of an audit
- Identify the principles of auditing and auditor responsibilities
- Plan an internal audit of an SMS based on ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Conduct informal opening and closing meetings
- Conduct an audit using document review, interview, sampling and observation
- Report the audit and document nonconformities
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate