ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 Service Management System (SMS) Implementation Training Course
The course will provide guidance on implementing a service management system (SMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000-1 for anyone involved in defining, planning, implementing or managing an SMS.
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 is a standard that specifies requirements for a service provider to establish, implement, maintain and improve a service management system (SMS) to fulfil agreed service requirements.
This practical two-day course provides you with guidance to improve the quality and cost effectiveness of your service delivery by implementing a service management system (SMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011.
It combines presentations as well as individual and group activities to help you develop the knowledge and skills required to implement a best practice SMS within your organization.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in defining, planning, implementing or managing a service management system based on ISO/IEC 20000-1.
You need to have an understanding of service management and some knowledge of ISO/IEC 20000-1 prior to the course.
It is therefore recommended that you attend the BSI ‘Requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1’ Training Course, prior to attending this course.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this training, you’ll have the knowledge to:
- Explain the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1 in the context of implementation
- Assess how closely your organization currently meets the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Recognize parts 2 and 3 of ISO/IEC 20000 and how they can support the implementation
- Develop an implementation plan
- Plan the resource requirements for implementing an SMS
- Prepare for third party certification
You’ll have the skills to:
- Create the required documentation and design the required processes
- Support the integration of ISO/IEC 20000-1 with other management systems, such as ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 27001
How will I benefit?
By attending this course, you will:
- Gain the expertise to implement an effective SMS in your organization
- Be able to identify improvements to the performance of the SMS and its services
- Assist your organization to improve customer relationships through high quality service delivery
- Support your organization to achieve certification of the SMS to ISO/IEC 20000-1
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
- Detailed course notes and lunch are provided