Becoming more sustainable with standards
How can standards make you more sustainable?
Using standards can help you save energy, save money and save the environment.
Sustainability has never been more important. But at the same time, people are more cynical than ever about ‘green’ marketing claims. They want to see proof of your commitment to tackling environmental and social challenges.
Implementing our standards can help you to demonstrate your credentials to customers, employees and stakeholders, and showcase your commitment to sustainable development.
We produced the world’s first environmental management standard in 1992, and since then we’ve led the way in developing new standards such as energy management and sustainable event management.
Today we can help you deliver substantial environmental, economic and social benefits, whatever your size, sector or geographical location. We can help you identify and manage the impact of your business on the environment and community, understand relevant legislation, and most importantly use resources more efficiently by implementing powerful policies across your organisation. This not only helps the environment, it makes a real difference to your bottom line.
What sort of improvements can you make by using standards?
- Environmental management – use fewer resources, cut waste, increase recycling and reduce landfill
- Energy management – reduce your energy costs.
- Emissions verification – don’t just declare it, verify it
- Carbon neutrality – achieve net zero carbon emissions.
- Social accountability – understand and improve your impact on your local community.
- Sustainable procurement – show your commitment to renewable resources.
- And much more, from sustainable communities to corporate social responsibility.
What results do organisations gain?
- 63% attribute direct cost savings to ISO 14001
- 74% report improvements to their corporate reputation
- 76% improve their compliance
- 61% report higher morale among staff
Source: International BSI Excellerator Research 2011