With 20.4 billion devices expected to be connected by 2020, concerns over interoperability and security continue to increase, as well as the need for organizations to understand the impacts of IoT technology.
This course is to help non-information security professionals identify potential use cases and understand the fundamentals of IoT devices and how they can support technological transformation in the workplace.
By attending, you will learn the basics behind how IoT products work, and their role in the global technology landscape. You'll also explore cybersecurity risks and how they can be overcome to improve information security in your workplace.
Through examining a range of IoT use cases, you will also identify potential use cases within your own organization and begin to build a roadmap for IoT products within your digital transformation plan.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you to:
- Explain the basics behind how IoT products work
- Explain the IoT global landscape, trends, and new innovations
- Describe the cybersecurity risks associated with IoT devices
- Identify controls to improve the security of IoT devices
- Identify potential use cases for IoT in your workplace and sector
Who should attend?
Those who are not Information Security professionals who are looking for how to optimize the use of IoT in their organization and identify potential use cases to enhance the delivery of new or existing products or services.
Prerequisites: Basic IT knowledge required, including an understanding of basic communication protocols.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Have an understanding of the definition of IoT
- Identify the different elements present at the IoT framework
- Recognize the technologies which take part in the IoT world
- Depict the main cybersecurity implications on IoT
- Highlight the importance of interoperability in IoT
- Introduce the potential implications of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on IoT
- Detailed course notes
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
COVID-19: Important information on classroom-based training courses
BSI is closely monitoring UK Government Advice regarding the safety of classroom-based training courses. In the event of a classroom-based course being deemed unsafe, your training booking will be automatically transferred to online delivery using our highly-interactive virtual classroom - Connected Learning Live.
If you have any questions regarding your booking, please contact email@example.com or call +46 (0)707 401147.
*Terms and conditions: Applies to all public BSI UK training courses, taking place in July and August 2020 via Connected Learning Live only. Call our training team on +46 (0)707 401147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Second delegate must attend the same course date as the first delegate. Moves, changes and cancellations are not permitted. Payment required or invoice issued at the time of bookings. This offer does not apply to BSI re-sellers or Cybersecurity and BRCGS courses. Offer is for new BSI UK training bookings only. Offer is not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. Offer subject to availability of training courses. Bookings are non-transferable. All other terms and conditions for training courses apply.