Building Information Modelling (BIM) Strategic Introduction Training Course
This course will help you to implement the benefits of digitization, lean and collaborative approaches in the delivery and use of built assets. It will also provide an introduction to ISO 19650, the two-part standard for building information modelling (BIM), and collaborative working.
You will be able to understand the methods for setting clear purposes and priorities as part of a BIM implementation strategy, and gain an appreciation of UK PAS 1192-3 and BS 8536 for infrastructure and buildings.
On completion of this course, you’ll also be able to assess current and future project delivery and asset management processes, information flows, and understanding the principal roles and functions involved; using ISO 19650 and UK BS 1192 series.
This course will also help you by providing a review of tailoring your BIM strategy for specific business cases.
What will I learn?
You will have the knowledge to:
• Explain the benefits gained from structured collaboration
• Recognize customer drivers for BIM and planning standardized supply-side responses
• Complete process maps to plan the smooth flow of information
• Recognize the business cases and Government strategy for BIM
• Explain the key principles in BIM standards
What is included?
- Detailed training course notes
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate