Building Information Modelling (BIM): Digital Built Britain, IoT and SmartCities Training Course
This course is now available online
BIM Level 2 is now becoming established as the minimum level of performance for project delivery and asset management. Attention is now turning to the nature and implications of BIM Level 3 and beyond; including social integration, SmartCities (Communities), Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Internet of Things (IoT) and Smart Contracts.
BIM Level 3 is still being defined and developed, but the direction of travel is clear – better linkages between datasets, wider and deeper data about the beneficial use of built environment assets, greater automation of data-handling, and societal outcomes; not just technical outputs.
This course will help delegates engage with the implications of this wider scope of built environment data and information management; and start to understand how they can exploit the opportunities that BIM Level 3 might provide.
This course covers:
• Richer information models for specific locations, assets and projects. IoT and BMS
• SmartCities/communities and GIS-networks and spatial
• Societal outcomes. Feedback. Social monitoring. Security and openness
• The importance of big and little data. Data primacy, immediacy
Who should attend?
Clients, asset owners, designers, construction, commissioning and FM managers who may need to anticipate these developments in the creation and management of the built environment. Also public policy-makers at national or regional levels seeking to understand the potential of BIM Level 3.
Management engagement with project and portfolio activities.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to explain the relationship between BIM and:
- The Internet of Things (IoT)
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Social engagement and societal benefits
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the limitations of BIM Level 2 and the opportunities at BIM Level 3
- Understand the role of data in the broadening context
- Anticipate the skills and understanding that will be required
What is included?
- Detailed training course notes
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate