ISO 50001:2018 Internal Auditor Training Course
Carrying out internal audits of an energy management system requires the internal auditor to assess conformity and effectiveness with ISO 50001:2018, with the demonstration of continual energy performance improvement. Based on ISO 19011:2018, and elements of ISO 50003, this course will guide you through the activities necessary to carry out an internal audit of your energy management system.
Through the various activities, group work, discussions, and reflection, you will learn the fundamentals of planning, conducting and reporting on an internal audit. You will also gain an appreciation of verifying improvements in energy performance, and in assessing the effectiveness of an energy management system.
Who should attend?
Any person or team tasked with, or interested in, auditing the conformity and the effectiveness of an energy management system based on ISO 50001:2018.
Please note: The implementation and the auditing of an ISO 50001-based energy management system requires different skill sets. Participants with an interest in implementation should consider completing the implementation course, before attending this internal audit course.
An understanding of the requirements in ISO 50001:2018, as covered in our ISO 50001:2018 Requirements course. This course does not therefore cover any understanding of the requirements of this Standard.
What will I learn?
Upon completion, you should be able to:
- Explain and apply the guidelines of management systems auditing according to ISO 19011:2018
- Explain the application of these guidelines to auditing ISO 50001:2018
- Plan an internal audit of ISO 50001:2018
- Prepare internal audit activities
- Conduct an internal audit
- Prepare and distribute the internal audit report
- Complete the audit
- Audit follow-up
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Have the necessary knowledge and skills to carry out an internal audit of your organization’s energy management system
- Apply and document internal audit activities and outputs in a concise, consistent and informative manner
- Assess and attest that your energy management system is in conformity with ISO 50001 and it is implemented effectively
- Be confident that you are demonstrating energy performance improvements
- Prepare your organization for third-party audit of its energy management system
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
- Training course notes
- Lunch and refreshments
Book your place
For pricing, availability and any further information, please contact us at + 852 3149 3323.