Introduction to ISO 39001 Road Traffic Safety (RTS) Management Systems
Led by an experienced instructor, this one day course introduces the key concepts of RTS, explains the benefits of an RTSMS, and outlines the requirements of ISO 39001.
When RTS related incidents, serious accidents and deaths occur, it is the responsibility of organizations involved in road traffic systems and society as a whole to learn how to better reduce and minimize the risks.
In addition to the unacceptable human costs, there are also financial implications for those concerned with roads, vehicles, road users and emergency medical services.
An RTSMS, based upon ISO 39001 can provide your organization with an international best-practice framework for managing your responsibilities and interactions with the road traffic system.
Who should attend?
- Those tasked with the responsibility for RTS management including: Transport planners
- Fleet managers
- Occupational health and safety experts
- Human resources managers
- Road safety managers
- Enforcement authorities
- Internal and external management systems auditors and lead auditors who are new to RTSM and leading RTSMS audits
- Existing management system practitioners who are new to RTSM and the requirements of an RTSMS
- Those interested in finding out more about RTSM
You will learn
- How to identify the key concepts of ISO 39001 Road Traffic Safety Management
- How RTS management fits into your organization
- How to demonstrate the business benefits of implementing an effective RTSMS in your organization
- How to identify the requirements of ISO 39001 RTSM standard
- How to describe the Plan-Do-Check-Act management systems approach and how it relates to the ISO 39001 RTSM standard.
Completing this course will contribute 8 CPD points to your learning record.
How will my organization benefit?
- Your organization can start to develop expertise enabling it to prioritize the importance of preventing road traffic incidents
- It can help to engage stakeholders and develop familiarity with the requirements of ISO 39001
- It can help to drive continual improvement in the area of risk which can be devastating to those affected by road traffic incidents.
- 8 CPD hours on completing the course
- A loan copy of the standard for the duration of the course
- Refreshments and lunch