Lean Six Sigma Combined White, Yellow and Foundation Green Belt
For more information or to take advantage of this offer, call our training team on 0345 086 9000
Lean Six Sigma is an organizational approach to continual improvement which focuses on removing activities or items from processes that add no value (process waste), whilst minimizing variability of key process outcomes.
This combined course is interactive and highly practical. Day 1 is a workshop and will discuss the history of Lean Six Sigma, as well as how the ideas, methods, tools, programme structures and roles can help organizations to meet their objectives.
Following the first day of this combined course delegates will have a good basic knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and will have taken a first step towards becoming a practitioner or sponsor of organizational change.
Day 2 of this combined course will focus on the '8 step approach' combined with the '7 basic tools' provides an efficient, simple to use, and effective approach to organizational problem solving.
This will provide first-hand experience of the approach and tools of problem solving, root cause analysis, and implementing corrective actions (a requirement of standards such as ISO 9001:2015).
The Six Sigma DMAIC approach when combined with Lean methods and tools provides an efficient, simple to use, and effective approach to continual improvement. This is the focus of days 3-5 of this combined course. You will receive first-hand experience of the approaches and the tools of Lean and Six Sigma that are used to affect continual improvement (a goal for most organizations and a requirement of standards such as ISO 9001:2015).
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at anyone who wants to learn how the adoption of Lean and Six Sigma based continual improvement techniques can help an organization streamline activities, reduce waste and develop processes that consistently achieve or exceed customer targets and expectations.
This course benefits anyone who wants to apply an effective and structured problem solving methodology and use some simple tools in order to help their teams accelerate problem understanding and resolution.
Days 3-5 of this course is aimed at anyone who wants to apply effective and structured continual improvement techniques and methodologies in order to help their organization make step change improvements in quality and efficiency.
What will I learn?
On completion of the course delegate will be able to:
- Explain the Lean Six Sigma methodology and the benefits organizations can gain
- Discuss key Lean Six Sigma ideas and example tools
- Describe the benefits of data driven decision making
- Identify how to successfully implement a Lean Six Sigma programme
- Relate Lean Six Sigma to other quality based systems, such as ISO 9001:2015
- Discuss the concept of problem solving
- Lead problem solving teams through the 8 step process
- Select and utilize correctly each of the 7 basic tools
- Relate effective problem solving techniques to the management of quality and corrective action planning
- Describe the Lean and Six Sigma frameworks for continual improvement
- Lead continual improvement teams through the DMAIC process
- Select and utilize key Lean and Six Sigma tools
- Relate effective continual improvement techniques to the management of organizational quality and efficiency
How will I benefit?
Day 1 of this course will help you:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Lean Six Sigma and the benefits it provides
- Recognize key attributes of a Lean Six Sigma programme including methods, frameworks and tools
- Appreciate data driven decision making as a keystone of continual improvement
- Demonstrate how Lean Six Sigma aligns with other systems of Quality Management
- Define how Lean Six Sigma can be implemented in your own organization
Day 2 of this course will help you:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the problem solving process and how to lead problem solving teams
- Confidently apply 8 step problem solving and the 7 basic tools to organisational issues
- Utilize problem solving to enhance levels of quality and efficiency within your organization
- The steps and tools taught in this course can be used in conjunction with any standard that has ISO 9001 as its foundation, such as ISO 13485, IATF 16949, AS/EN/JISQ 9100, etc. Furthermore, the vast majority of standards could justify the use of these steps and tools and would benefit from them such as; ISO 22000, BS 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 50001, ISO 27001 and ISO 22301 to name a few
Days 3-5 of this course will help you:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Lean and Six Sigma methodologies and how to lead continual improvement teams
- Confidently apply the DMAIC process and some key Lean and Six Sigma tools to organizational issues
- Utilize continual improvement techniques to enhance levels of quality and efficiency within your organization
- Take an intermediary step towards becoming an ISO18404 Certified Six Sigma Green Belt or Lean Practitioner
- Detailed course notes and lunch are provided
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
- You will sit a 75 minute exam at the end of the course to test your knowledge and understanding from the Foundation Green Belt section of the combined course
*Terms & conditions
Applies to selected courses only. Discount applies to 2nd and 3rd delegates only where the booking is for the same course either a) taken on the same date/location in 2018 or b) taken on another date in 2018. All courses to be taken before 31 December 2018. Moves, changes and cancellations are not permitted. Payment required or invoice issued at the time of booking. No refunds. Discount does not apply to BSI re-sellers or consultants.