Lean Six Sigma Combined White and Yellow Belt
Lean Six Sigma is an organizational approach to continual improvement which focuses on removing activities or items from processes that add no value (process waste), whilst minimizing variability of key process outcomes.
Day one of this combined course is an interactive and practical workshop and will discuss the history of Lean Six Sigma, as well as how the ideas, methods, tools, programme structures and roles can help organizations to meet their objectives.
Following the first day of this combined course delegates will have a good basic knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and will have taken a first step towards becoming a practitioner or sponsor of organizational change.
Day two of this combined course will focus on the '8 step approach' combined with the '7 basic tools' provides an efficient, simple to use, and effective approach to organizational problem solving.
This interactive and practical Structured Problem Solving course will provide first-hand experience of the approach and tools of problem solving, root cause analysis, and implementing corrective actions (a requirement of standards such as ISO 9001:2015).
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at anyone who wants to learn how the adoption of Lean and Six Sigma based continual improvement techniques can help an organization streamline activities, reduce waste and develop processes that consistently achieve or exceed customer targets and expectations.
This course benefits anyone who wants to apply an effective and structured problem solving methodology and use some simple tools in order to help their teams accelerate problem understanding and resolution.
What will I learn?
On completion of the course delegate will be able to:
- Explain the Lean Six Sigma methodology and the benefits organizations can gain
- Discuss key Lean Six Sigma ideas and example tools
- Describe the benefits of data driven decision making
- Identify how to successfully implement a Lean Six Sigma programme
- Relate Lean Six Sigma to other quality based systems, such as ISO 9001:2015
- Discuss the concept of problem solving
- Lead problem solving teams through the 8 step process
- Select and utilize correctly each of the 7 basic tools
- Relate effective problem solving techniques to the management of quality and corrective action planning
How will I benefit?
Day one of this course will help you:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Lean Six Sigma and the benefits it provides
- Recognize key attributes of a Lean Six Sigma programme including methods, frameworks and tools
- Appreciate data driven decision making as a keystone of continual improvement
- Demonstrate how Lean Six Sigma aligns with other systems of Quality Management
- Define how Lean Six Sigma can be implemented in your own organization
Day two of this course will help you:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the problem solving process and how to lead problem solving teams
- Confidently apply 8 step problem solving and the 7 basic tools to organisational issues
- Utilize problem solving to enhance levels of quality and efficiency within your organization
- The steps and tools taught in this course can be used in conjunction with any standard that has ISO 9001 as its foundation, such as ISO 13485, IATF 16949, AS/EN/JISQ 9100, etc. Furthermore, the vast majority of standards could justify the use of these steps and tools and would benefit from them such as; ISO 22000, BS 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 50001, ISO 27001 and ISO 22301 to name a few
- Detailed course notes and lunch are provided
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate