AIAG and VDA PFMEA Training Course
This two-day course provides you with a hands-on approach using a Case Study to develop a PFMEA using the new methodology in line with the methods specified in the AIAG VDA Failure Mode and Effects Analysis FMEA Handbook Edition 1. The course takes delegates through the new 7 step approach using the Case Study which allows delegates to practice each of the 7 steps.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in process development activities, either as a team member or leading the activities, IATF 16949 auditors, anyone interested in learning more about new AIAG and VDA FMEA, IATF 16949 auditors, and anyone involved in the implementation and maintenance of IATF 16949.
It would be of benefit (but not essential) if you have:
- An understanding of the previous AIAG FMEA 4th Edition
- Applicable IATF 16949 requirements related to product and/or process development
What will I learn?
Delegates will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Recognize the purpose, objectives of the AIAG and VDA FMEA and the 7 step approach
- Participate in the new 7 step approach including:
- System analysis – Planning and preparation, structure analysis, and function analysis
- Failure analysis and risk mitigation – Failure analysis, risk analysis, and optimization
- Risk communication – Results documentation
- Assign severity occurrence and detection rankings using the new tables based on data provided from the Case Study
- Prioritize actions using the action priority tables (AP)
- Develop the COQ from the process FMEA activity taking account of company level data affected by the PFMEA
- Apply the steps involved to achieve a successful process FMEA using the new 7 step approach
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand how to implement the 7 step approach
- Understand how to use the severity, occurrence and detection tables
- Understand how to use the action priority (AP) tables
- Understand the linkages between the cost of quality and FMEA and the financial impact FMEA has on performance
- Become a productive team member in the development of the AIAG VDA process FMEA
- Training course notes
- Lunch and refreshments
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate