Recorded: 21 May 2020, (11am-12pm UK Time)
Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG) is an approach to development and/or land management that aims to leave nature in a measurably better state. BNG is fast gaining momentum amongst developers, land owners and policy makers. BS 8683 A process for designing and implementing biodiversity net gain is a new British Standard in development and provides linear, progressive, good practice requirements, from design to ‘spade in the ground’ delivery.
The standard is intended to be applicable for large or small development projects e.g. from major highways schemes through to small residential builds. The standard is also applicable for landowners or estate managers aiming to manage land to achieve BNG for themselves or on behalf of 3rd parties.
This webinar provided an opportunity to understand;
- How BS 8683 fits into the fast developing BNG policy context
- The relationship between BS 8683 and established industry best practice principles for BNG developed by CIRIA/CIEEM/IEMA
- The scope and potential application of BS 8683
- The approach underpinning BS 8683
- The development of the standard to date
- How to comment/feedback on the standard
- Next steps to publication of BS 8683
Please click here to view the agenda.
Julia Baker, Biodiversity Technical Specialist at Balfour Beatty
Nick White, Principle Advisor on Net Gain at Natural England
Lesley Wilson, Lead Standards Development Manager at BSI
Gemma Jerome, Director of Building With Nature
Martin O’Hanlon of Natural England