Date: 8 June 2021
Time: 11:00 - 13:00 UK time
What’s this webinar about?
BSI has produced a report on industrial biotechnology and how standards and regulation can help accelerate CO2 emissions reduction. This webinar will cover the report’s main findings and what they mean for different industries. It will also set this in the context of current government and industry perspectives on industrial biotechnology and conclude with a panel discussion on opportunities, priorities and challenges.
Who should attend the webinar?
The event will be of particular interest to organizations involved in:
- Manufacturing, including chemicals and plastics
- Waste management, recycling and the circular economy
- Sustainable finance
- Food and agritech
- Energy including biofuels
- Transport and mobility
- Government and regulators
What will participants gain?
- A deeper understanding of the industrial biotechnology roadmap report and what it means for their sector
- Insights into the current state of play of UK industrial biotechnology from government and industry associations
- An opportunity to join the discussion on industrial biotechnology priorities and challenges
- An opportunity to feedback on recommendations in the report
- A copy of the webinar for future reference
11:00 - 11:05 Introduction - Anne Hayes, Director of Sectors, British Standards Institution (BSI)
11:05 - 11:20 Industrial biotechnology report – key findings and recommendations - Ryan Lynch, Practice Director, Sustainability, British Standards Institution (BSI)
11:20 - 11:40 Government priorities and the link to net zero - Rohan Kemp, Head of Bioeconomy, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
11:40 - 11:55 Supporting UK innovation in biotechnology - Paul Bello, Innovation Lead for Industrial Biotechnology, Innovate UK
11:55 - 12:10 Industry perspective and opportunities - Paul Mines, Chair, Industrial Biotechnology Leadership Forum (IBLF)
12:10 - 12:25 Innovation and growth in Scotland - Liz Fletcher, Director of Business Engagement and Operations, Industrial Biotechnology Innovation Centre (IBioIC)
12:25 - 13:00 Panel discussion: Opportunities, priorities and challenges for industrial biotechnology (Chaired by Anne Hayes)
13:00 End of the webinar
To develop your knowledge of the current industrial biotechnology landscape in the UK and contribute your point of view, please book your place at the webinar now.