Implementing ISO 39001 Road Traffic Safety (RTS) Management Systems
On this two day course, our experienced instructor will lead you through a step by step guide how to the implement an effective RTSMS, using a combination of practical exercises, group activities and participative delegate discussions.
When RTS related incidents, serious accidents and deaths occur, it is the responsibility of organizations involved in road traffic systems and society as a whole to learn how to better reduce and minimize the risks.
In addition to the unacceptable human costs, there are also financial implications for those concerned with roads, vehicles, road users and emergency medical services.
An RTSMS, based upon ISO 39001 can provide your organization with an international best-practice framework for managing your responsibilities and interactions with the road traffic system.
Who should attend?
Those tasked with the responsibility for RTS management including:
- Transport planners
- Fleet managers
- Occupational health and safety experts
- Human resources managers
- Road safety managers
- Enforcement authorities
- Internal and external management systems auditors and lead auditors who are new to RTSM and leading RTSMS audits
- Existing management system practitioners who are new to RTSM and the requirements of an RTSMS
- Those interested in finding out more about RTSM.
A step by step guide how to the implement an effective RTSMS.
What will I learn?
- How to recognize key management system concepts and in particular ISO 39001
- How to identify a typical framework for implementing ISO 39001 following the Plan Do Check Act (PDCA) cycle
- How to interpret the requirements of ISO 39001 from an implementation perspective in the context of your organization
- How to conduct a base line review of your organization’s current position with regard to ISO 39001
- How to implement key elements of ISO 39001How to identify the benefits specific to your organization in relation to implementing an effective RTS management system.
Completing this course will contribute 16 CPD points to your learning record.
How will my organization benefit?
- There will be an increased awareness within your business about RTS
- Your organization will develop the expertise necessary to set up and maintain an RTSMS
- Successfully implementing an RTSMS can help to improve reputation and can boost your organization’s ability to tender where RTS is a factor during the bidding process.
For public courses you will be provided with:
- A loan copy of the standard for the duration of the course
- A course folder containing course materials, pen and notepad
- Refreshments and lunch
- A certificate of attendance on completion of the course.