AIAG and VDA DFMEA Training Course
Using methods specified in the AIAG VDA Failure Mode and Effects Analysis FMEA Handbook Edition 1, this two-day training course provides you with a hands-on approach using a case study. You’ll develop a DFMEA using the new methodology and you’ll have the opportunity to practice each of the steps in the new 7 step approach.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in design development activities, either as a team member or leading the activities, IATF 16949 auditors, anyone interested in learning more about new AIAG and VDA FMEA, IATF 16949 auditors, and anyone involved in the implementation and maintenance of IATF 16949.
You should be able to demonstrate the following minimum competencies prior to attending the course:
- An understanding of the previous AIAG FMEA 4th Edition
- Applicable IATF 16949 requirements related to product and/or design development
This can be obtained through attendance of either our IATF 16949 Requirements or Implementation Training Course (or equivalent)
What will I learn?
You’ll have the knowledge and skills to:
- Recognize the purpose, objectives of the AIAG and VDA FMEA and the 7 step approach
- Participate in the new 7 step approach including:
System analysis – Planning and preparation, structure analysis, and function analysis
Failure analysis and risk mitigation – Failure analysis, risk analysis, and optimization
Risk communication – Results documentation
- Assign severity occurrence and detection rankings using the new tables based on data provided from the Case Study
- Prioritize actions using the action priority (AP) tablesDevelop the COQ from the DFMEA activity taking account of company level data affected by the DFMEA
- Apply the steps involved to achieve a successful DFMEA using the new 7 step approach
How will I benefit?
This course will help you to:
- Understand how to:
- Implement the 7-step approach
- Use the severity, occurrence and detection tables
- Work with action priority tables (AP)
- Find the linkages between the cost of quality; and FMEA and the financial impact on performance
- Become a productive team member in the development of the AIAG VDA design FMEA
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.