IATF 16949 Quality Management Systems Second-Party Auditor training course
The automotive sector requires second party auditors to be competent in a number of key skills, to enable organizations to support their supplier management approach. This course will enable you to contribute to your organization’s supplier quality management system development programme.
The supplier development programme within an automotive organization is critical, and this course is aimed at conducting effective second-party audits that will be used to assess compliance to ISO 9001/IATF 16949, PFMEA, control plans, and assist with supplier risk assessment/monitoring/development process(es).
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the auditing, maintaining or supervising of supplier audits for IATF 16949:2016 Automotive QMS.
You should be able to demonstrate the following minimum competencies prior to attending the course:
- Applicable ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 requirements related to the scope of your audits
- Understanding of applicable core tool requirements relating to the scope of your audits
- Completed the IATF 16949 Quality Management Systems Internal Auditor Training Course, or equivalent
What will I learn?
Delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Identify typical customer and organizational specific requirements, relating to second-party audits
- Describe typical manufacturing processes to be audited
- Demonstrate use of PFMEA and control plans
- Define typical supplier risk assessment processes relating to auditing
- Explain how audits can be effectively utilized for supplier monitoring, and supplier QMS development
Delegates will have the skills to:
- Audit supplier’s PFMEA and control plans
- Audit a supplier, as a valued contribution, to an organization’s overall supplier risk assessment process(es)
- Audit a supplier, as a valued contribution, to an organization’s overall supplier monitoring process(es)
- Audit a supplier in order to develop their own QMS
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the role of a second-party auditor within the supplier development programme
- Apply the automotive process approach to auditing in the supply chain
- Apply ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 requirements during the second-party audit
- Plan, conduct, prepare second-party audit reports and close out findings
- Detailed course notes
- Lunch and refreshments
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate