ISO 14064-1:2006 Carbon Footprint Verification Awareness & Implementation Training Course
Climate change has been identified as one of the greatest challenges facing nations, governments, business and citizens over future decades. Climate change has implications for both human and natural systems and could lead to significant changes in resource use, production and economic activity. In response, international, regional, national and local initiatives are being developed and implemented to limit greenhouse gas (GHG) concentrations in the Earth’s atmosphere. Such GHG initiatives rely on the quantification, monitoring, reporting and verification of GHG emissions and/or removals. This two days course details principles and requirements for designing, developing, managing and reporting organization - or company-level GHG inventories.
It includes requirements for determining GHG emission boundaries, quantifying an organization's GHG emissions and removals, and identifying specific company actions or activities aimed at improving GHG management. It also includes requirements and guidance on GHG inventory quality management, reporting, internal auditing and the organization's responsibilities for verification activities.
Who should attend?
- Senior Management
- Management responsible for sustainable development
- Employees responsible for environment management
- Those interested in improving environment performance and energy efficiency
- Individuals who want to know more about ISO 14064
What will you learn?
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- identify and categorize GHG emission sources and sinks
- quantify emission levels and create GHG inventory of an entity
- develop and implement information management system to collect emission data and ensure its accuracy
- prepare and present GHG inventory report in internationally accepted format.
Benefits to Your Business
- enhance the environmental integrity of GHG quantification
- enhance the credibility, consistency and transparency of GHG quantification, monitoring and reporting, including GHG project emission reductions and removal enhancements
- facilitate the development and implementation of an organization's GHG management strategies and plans
- facilitate the development and implementation of GHG projects
- facilitate the ability to track performance and progress in the reduction of GHG emissions and/or increase in GHG removals, and
- facilitate the crediting and trade of GHG emission reductions or removal enhancements.
- Training course notes