Mike is a member of the BSI EMEA executive board and has over 20 years’ experience in standards-based solutions, accreditation, assessment practices, training, business management and leadership. Following a career in the construction industry, he has held a variety of positions within BSI including Regional Director for Central Europe and CIS (based in Germany) and BSI Training Director (EMEA).
Mike has sound working knowledge of the theory and application of all ISO management system standards, EFQM, Lean Six Sigma and training and development practices. He also has proven leadership and managerial skills, and has demonstrated successful change management ability.
Work experience highlights
- Leadership of BSI’s Central European business including business merger and relocation to new headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Development of BSI’s industry leading management systems training business in the UK.
- Definition of BSI’s audit protocols and auditor training strategy for ISO 9001.
- Introduction of Lean Six Sigma in BSI as an internal practice and service to clients.
- Incorporation of EFQM practices in BSI’s assessment methodologies.
- Creation of BSI’s Auditor training academy – BSI Assessor Development (recognised in the 2004 National Training Awards).
- Co-author of ‘Beyond Registration; Getting the most from ISO 9001 and business improvement’ (BSI 2003, 2007).
- BSc(Hons) Surveying and Mapping Sciences
- Diploma in Building Studies
- BSI Lead Assessor
- EFQM Auditor
- Henley Management College – BSI Academy